SALAME DI FELINO PGI EN

mappa-italia-def-emilia-romen_IGP_4c-PGI-inglese

 

 

 

Salame Felino joined the official list of typical Italian products with the certification PGI (protected geographical indication) that was released on March 5, 2013.
Being a product of PGI certification requires that at least one phase of the production process should be carried out in the region of Emilia Romagna.
The production area of ​​Salame Felino PGI is identified in the administrative territory of the province of Parma and its production is regulated by the rules of the Association Manufacturers Salame Felino PGI which protects the origin and logo.
Salame Felino PGI is produced traditionally with pure pork. The dough is made from lean pork for 75% hard fat and the remaining 25%.
Grinding takes place with dies rather wide, obtaining a coarse dough which is added with salt, pepper and, usually, small amounts of potassium nitrate. Sometimes are also added wine, ascorbates and sugars.
After grinding, the mixture is stuffed into natural casings pig and is tied with string.
The drying, the maximum duration of 4 to 6 days, is the period during which in conditions of controlled temperature you have the most pronounced dehydration. Concluded the drying phase begins the curing phase, which takes place in different environments, specifically intended and where there is a replacement of air and temperature between 12 ° and 18 °. The maturation phase should last at least 25 days.
Salame Felino PGI should be stored in a damp and cool, but not elastic consistency compact, has a delicate aroma and taste sweet. Precisely for its delicacy that distinguishes it, rich in unsaturated fatty acids and low in preservatives, in the stages of cutting and packaging, it is recommended that the residence time of the wafer in contact with the air is as short as possible, in order to achieve browning of its ruby ​​red color without spots.

SALAME DI FELINO IGP FOTO

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato.