OLIO VALDEMONE PDO EN


mappa-italia-def-sicilia

 

en_AOP_4c-DOP-inglese

The extra virgin olive oil Valdemone becomes part of the official list of typical Italian products with the certification PDO (protected designation of origin) that was released on 5 February 2005.
Being a product PDO certification requires that the entire production process must be carried out in the region of Sicily.
The extra virgin olive oil Valdemone PDO must be obtained from olive variety, Santagatese, Ogliarola Messinese and Petite present in the olive groves, either individually or severally, for a minimum of 70%. The varieties Mandanici, Nocellara Messina, Ottobratica, Verdelho and Brandofino may be present for the remaining 30%.
Olives for the production of extra virgin olive oil Valdemone PDO must be produced in the Province of Messina.
The extra virgin olive oil Valdemone PDO when released for consumption must have the following characteristics:
– Color: from green with yellow tones to yellow oil;
– Odor: fruity, the olfactory sensation brings out the aroma of varying intensity of freshly picked olives always accompanied by hints of herbs, leaves and flowers of wild plants in the olive groves of the Province of Messina;
– Flavor: sensation of fresh olives just picked countered slightly from the bitter, feel also almonds, fresh fruit, tomato and thistle;
– Maximum total acidity not exceeding 0.7 grams per 100 grams of oil.
The Valdemone PDO extra virgin olive oil is used in cooking and as a base of fried, that raw, to season boiled vegetables, salads, dips, meat and fish.

OLIO VALDEMONE DOP

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato.