OLIO TERRE TARENTINE PDO EN

OLIO TERRE TARENTINE PDO EN


mappa-italia-def-puglia

 

en_AOP_4c-DOP-inglese

The extra virgin olive oil Terre Tarentine becomes part of the official list of typical Italian products with the certification PDO (protected designation of origin) which was issued on 30 October 2004.
Being a product PDO certification requires that the entire production process must be carried out in the region of Puglia.
The extra virgin olive oil Terre Tarentine PDO must be obtained from olive variety, which, alone or in combination in the groves: Leccino, Coratina, Ogliarola and Frantoio, for no less than 80%, varying between them; the remaining 20% ​​are other minor varieties present in the olive groves of the production area.
Olives for the production of extra virgin olive oil Terre Tarentine PDO, must be produced in the territory of the Province of Taranto.
The extra virgin olive oil Terre Tarentine PDO when released for consumption must have the following characteristics:
– Color: yellow-green;
– Odor: fruity;
– Flavor: fruity, with average bitterness and a slight spicy;
– Maximum total acidity not exceeding 0.6 grams per 100 grams of oil.
The extra virgin olive oil Terre Tarentine PDO is particularly suitable for pasta dishes with vegetables, such as the typical orecchiette with turnip greens, but also on meat and fish.

OLIO TERRE TARENTINE DOP

 

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato.