mappa-italia-def-abruzzo

 

en_AOP_4c-DOP-inglese

The extra virgin olive oil Pretuziano of Teramo Hills joined the official list of typical Italian products with the certification PDO (protected designation of origin) that was released August 26, 2003.
Being a product PDO certification requires that the entire production process must be carried out in the region of Abruzzo.
The extra virgin olive oil Pretuziano Hills Teramane PDO must be obtained from olives, Leccino, Frantoio and Straight jointly up to 75%; the remaining 25% are local varieties, among which are the Tortiglione, Carboncella and Castiglionese.
Olives for the production of extra virgin olive oil Pretuziano Hills Teramane PDO, must be produced in the Province of Teramo.
The extra virgin olive oil Pretuziano Hills Teramane PDO when released for consumption must have the following characteristics:
– Color: greenish yellow;
– Smell: medium fruity;
– Taste: medium fruity with medium bitter and spicy;
– Maximum total acidity of not more than 0.5 grams per 100 grams of oil.
The significant presence of aromatic notes, the characteristic bitter aftertaste and spicy and mellow flavor and velvety, make it favors the use of dishes based on fish, grilled, baked or stewed, as the “Fish Soup Giuliese”; great on salads of mixed vegetables cooked in sweet trend and on bread.

OLIO PRETUZIANO DELLE COLLINE TERAMANE DOP

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *