mappa-italia-def-molise

 

en_AOP_4c-DOP-inglese

The extra virgin olive oil Molise becomes part of the official list of typical Italian products with the certification PDO (protected designation of origin) that was released on 16 July 2003.
Being a product PDO certification requires that the entire production process must be carried out in the region of Molise.
The extra virgin olive oil Molise PDO must be obtained from olive variety, Ahr (or Licinia), Gentile di Larino, Black Olive of Colletorto and Leccino for at least 80%; the remaining 20% ​​is made jointly or separately from other varieties grown in the region including: Paesana white, Sperone rooster and Olivastro Rosciola.
Olives for the production of extra virgin olive oil PDO Molise, must be produced in the territory of the two provinces of Molise Campobasso and Isernia.
The extra virgin olive oil Molise PDO when released for consumption must have the following characteristics:
– Color: yellow-green;
– Odor: fruity light to medium;
– Taste: fruity and delicate from the bitter and spicy;
– Maximum total acidity not exceeding 0.5 grams per 100 grams of oil.
The extra virgin olive oil Molise PDO is great for seasoning soups typical cuisine of Molise where thrive large variety of legumes such as lentils, beans, chickpeas, beans, grass peas and barley. Another perfect pairing with the first fish-based shrimp, mullet, mussels and clams that characterize the cuisine of coastal areas.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *